Create an account to start earning Coconut Reward Points to use on future orders.
Sign in to your account at any point during your shop – you will then be able to apply your Coconut Reward Points at the checkout.
Please note that only certain discount codes can be used in conjunction with Coconut Reward Points.
You can check your account balance each time you shop at Bear & Bear by logging in to your account: MY ACCOUNT
Once you are logged in your Coconuts will be shown at checkout. You can choose how many Coconuts you would like to use on an order in both the basket and checkout.
A few conditions and points of note:
- You need to have an account with Bear & Bear to earn Coconuts
- 1 Coconut = £1
- Coconuts last 185 days from the date they are allocated
- Minimum order value of £30 in order to spend Coconut Reward Points
- Coconuts can be used on sale items
- Coconuts can only be used in conjunction with certain promotional discount codes
- Coconuts can have a maximum value of £100 on any single order
- Coconuts can be spent as soon as they are earned
- No minimum number of points to spend Coconuts
- If you apply a discount code to your order then the value of the Coconut Reward Points is based on the discounted order value
- If you receive a full or partial refund on your order then the Coconut Reward Points that you earn will be deducted to the same value
- If you use Coconuts Reward Points on an order and then receive a refund, your Coconut Reward Points will be re-allocated to your account
In short – we want to make Coconuts as easy to spend as possible – contact us with any comments or suggestions.
*Nearly all product purchases on Bear & Bear will be rewarded with a generous 5% of the item price in Coconuts. Some products have a bit more for limited time periods, and others may have less.
We reserve the right to amend these amounts at any time.
Mainly because “reward points” sounds so boring. We had a think about what to call them and disregarded Quids, Nuggets, Bear Claws and many others.
Coconuts was chosen in recognition of a small tribe of indigenous people who inhabit the San Blas archipelago of 340 islands off the coast of Panama.
The Guna (or Kuna) people live in what can only described as a tropical paradise on the Caribbean coast. Their economy is mainly based on the production of coconuts on floating mangroves, and it is said that until the late 1990’s this was their currency.
I visited them after they’d made the transition to US Dollars and it was an incredible experience to touch down in a 12-seater plane (which is basically their coach service to the mainland) along a thin strip of sand in the sea. Then take a small boat to stay in a traditional wooden hut. Whilst there we spent the day on our own uninhabited deserted desert island, got married in a hammock, ate tons of fish and got to know more about these amazing people.
If you are planning a visit to Panama or anywhere, then this is a highly recommended getaway from it all. It shows a completely alternative way of live and social organisation that is thriving despite the challenges of modern day.
So our “reward points” system on Bear & Bear is dedicated to the Guna tribe in the hope that people will make the effort to go and visit them.
To learn more about the customs of these special people, this is a very well written article: